Product: KitchenAid ExactSlice 9 Cup Food Processor
The Cheapest Place to Purchase Online: Amazon
Warranty: 1-Year Hassle-Free Replacement Warranty
Bonus: Extended Warranty options available
Capacity: 9 Cup Container
Other Product User Reviews: 3.8/5
My Personal Rating: 4.2/5
Product Dimensions: 10 x 10 x 14.4 in
Product Weight: 8 lbs
Weight of Item Shipped: 11.8 lbs
Item model #: KFP0922CU
- 3-in-1 Wide Mouth Feed Tube adjusts to 3 different sizes to allow you to adjust based on the different foods you will be processing
- 3 speed options on unit – Low, High & Pulse which will allow you to change speed based on how hard the food being processed or the consistency you desire
- Included are:
- two working bowl sizes: a 9-cup and a 3-cup
- two discs: adjustable slicing disc & reversible shredding disc
- multipurpose blades for both bowl sizes & a dough blade
- Comes with a 1-Year Replacement Warranty – Hassle Free
KitchenAid is a product I trust and tend to go to this brand first to have in my kitchen. So it was not a surprise when my husband purchased me this product for my birthday, as I needed a replacement after accidentally burning my last bowl on the stove top (oops!). I was pretty excited about my new kitchen gadget and I loved the new silver color as my last one was black and it didn’t match my stainless steel appliances.
Before I opened the product, I checked the reviews online. I don’t buy anything anymore without checking out what other users are saying about something. If people are not happy with a product, they will make sure they take the time to post so others know. Straight to google I went to review the product and things looked good from a user perspective. I din’t find anything significant that would want me to return the product, just your regular complaints around the container size preference or the system only have the three speed options. There were a few complaints about the machine stopped working after a few uses but then always followed up with KitchenAid sending a new piece or full product altogether. Based on what I read, I was feeling confident with the product and opened it and started using it straight away.
I have been impressed with my food processor. A few things that I like:
- I like that the blade clicks in for safety, you have to grip the top of the blade safely to remove it. I like this feature because I know the blade is on tight and won’t fall out of machine if I place it in the sink if I am moving items around to make space in the kitchen
- Love that the product comes with the two working bowls and I find that I use both. I use the smaller bowl for smaller quantity foods like onions, garlic, nuts, salad dressings or when I am making my favorite Lebanese Garlic Sauce. I use the larger bowl for pureeing soups or cauliflower or when I am making my homemade peanut butter – the two sizes gives you options which I really like
- The speed of the high is powerful enough for my needs, it isn’t a vitamix with the horsepower but my cream soups come out smooth and I find that the blades are able to cut harder vegetables like raw carrot or turnip.
There is the good, but what about the Bad?
I’ve focused more on the positives above, but there are a couple things that I am not too keen on:
- You sometimes have to cut your vegetables in a size that you can feed into the mouth tube; but this is not unique to KitchenAid home appliances
- If you fill up the working bowl, I’ve found that I had to stop the processor, remove the lid and move the food around, so that it can keep processing. I find that sometimes that food will move to one side and get stuck
- There are a lot of separate parts, so cleaning can be a bit of manpower and often dread the cleaning part because it isn’t a simple one or two piece product
Where Else Can You Purchase?
You can do a google search and there are other options for buying this product online or you do have the option of buying it from a department store. I searched online for the cheapest and Amazon came up as the cheapest and included free shipping. Also, I like the option to purchase an extended warranty protection plan in addition to the one-year warranty.
Amazon also offers Prime, and if you are a prime member, it is so easy to return products and in my experience no questions asked. When purchasing online, I like the comfort of knowing I can print of a return label at the companies expense and ship it back.
I would recommend this product for the everyday at home chef that needs a versatile machine to get most jobs done. If you are cooking restaurant quality food and require something with more horse power than I would not recommend this product for you. You would want to look at a product that is labeled for commercial use, such as a Vitamix as an example, but you will pay for commercial product quality.