When I first started a ketogenic diet, I was not made aware of the benefits of collagen on keto and in fact, it was confusing to me why I would take it. Maybe this is my own ignorance as a woman now on the later side of the 30’s.
After 18 months on a ketogenic diet, I started working with my phenomenal coach and she recommended in her bulletproof coffee recipes, so I did a little digging. Turns out I should have been taking it all along and I won’t ever stop taking it.
I first started off with a fish collagen from wild-caught fish, which was a good product but then I switched to Perfect Keto Collagen and that is when I started to see and feel the benefits of what collagen does for you.
I’m excited to share one of my MUST HAVES with you today. I’ve experienced amazing results, specifically with my hair and nails, and gut health that I need to tell you all about it.
Perfect Keto Collagen
When I first discovered Perfect Keto Collagen, I was attracted to it immediately because I had never seen a product like it on the market.
To my knowledge, I don’t believe there is anything else out there that compliments the ketogenic diet so well as Perfect Keto Collagen does.
I learned early when I switched to a ketogenic lifestyle how beneficial MCT’s were and I’ve read about how well-tolerated collagen is to your body. So when I saw there was a supplement that contained both of the ingredients, I had to try it! I love using MCT powders with my other keto products.
If this is the first you are hearing about keto collagen, you’re will want to keep reading. Once you learn more about it, you’re going to wonder how you’ve been on the ketogenic diet for so long without using it. I know I did.
Keto Collagen is a perfect blend of both MCT’s and collagen.
Both of these ingredients are some of the healthiest fats and proteins you can consume, which is perfect if you’re eating a low carb, high fat ketogenic diet.
If you’ve ever struggled to find foods that are keto-friendly while you’re pressed for time, this is the perfect supplement.
So what exactly is collagen?
Collagen is a type of protein that is highly effective to take as your body can absorb it. Collagen makes up 25% of our bodies protein content and helps with soft tissue repair. But as we get get older, our body stops producing it and we need to supplement to keep our hair, skin, and nails strong!
Collagen is well-tolerated by the body and is really no different than how bone broth is made, made on low heat and slowly to preserve the nutrients.
Collagen helps with:
- Building healthy DNA
- Rebuilding of tendons, joints, cartilage, skin, nails, and hair
- Energy production
MCT’s (medium chain triglycerides) complements collagen very well. They’re a source of fat that converts directly into energy and helps you turn fats into fuel through ketosis. I talk more about the benefits of MCT oils in this article.
When you combine collagen and MCT’s together, you have a perfect synergistic blend of ingredients specifically designed for the ketogenic lifestyle.
Here are the ingredients included in keto collagen:
- 5g of MCT oil powder (to slow the absorption of protein)
- 10g of collagen
- Cocoa Powder (for natural sweet flavor)
- Stevia Leaf Powder (for natural sweet flavor)
The macronutrients per serving are:
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 10g
How and When I Use Perfect Keto Collagen
One of the main selling points for me in grabbing myself Perfect Keto Collagen is how perfect it works with my daily routine. It is easy to incorporate.
I have mixed Keto Collagen in my morning fatty coffee, or just straight up coffee. It honestly makes whatever I’m drinking taste that much better. And the best part about this product is it mixes well just with a spoon – no heavy equipment required. I also add my perfect keto exogenous ketones from time to time, they all mix so nicely and it’s a keto cocktail for sure!
My personal favorite is mixing keto collagen with my coffee and a splash of unsweetened almond milk, nom nom!
I’d say go with half a scoop at the beginning and go from there. I practice this caution whenever I introduce any new product into my regime.
Here’s when I use Keto Collagen the most:
- For breakfast. When I’m pressed for time in the morning, I add it to my morning coffee and not only does it give my coffee an extra flavorful boost, but it also gives me the essential fats and protein my body needs. Remember your brain uses up to 20% of your total daily energy output so adding Keto Collagen into your morning routine will give you great energy.
- Before my workout. The MCT’s in Keto Collagen makes it a great pre-workout because it is converted directly into energy. MCT’s give you an immediate boost of energy making it perfect for a quick pick-me-up.
- Afternoon snack. Instead of heading for a bag of chips and ruining my ketogenic diet, I can get my energy from healthy fats and protein that allows me to stay in ketosis.
Top Reasons to Start Supplementing with Perfect Keto Collagen
Perfect Keto Collagen is the front-runner in my supplement cabinet especially since I learned about the benefits of it.
I struggle with dry brittle nails that chip and break often. And let’s face it I’m not getting any younger and the older we get the less collagen our body produces on its own so I’ll take all the help I can get!
BONUS: My nails are growing like crazy! I get them manicured because otherwise, I chew them (I know gross!) but by having them treated, I have not chewed in over a year, so here is the thing, the woman who does my nails has commented lately how fast my fingers nails are growing!
Since I started using Perfect Keto Collagen about 4 months ago, not only have I noticed increased hair growth but the massive fallout I was experiencing has slowed down significantly.
Here are a few more reasons why I love it so much:
- Tastes amazing. I recommend chocolate because I am a chocolate lover! but vanilla is great too and if you want something you can mix with everything then go for unflavored. You can’t go wrong!
- No artificial ingredients. I only purchase super clean products with ingredients I can pronounce. All of Perfect Keto products are clean, there’s no soy, dairy, gluten, or artificial sweeteners in it.
- Perfect for the ketogenic diet. Keto Collagen has the perfect macronutrient ratio that rocks your ketones. I often find getting protein in can be a challenge, but I love that by just adding this into my daily routine, I am getting protein also!
Keto Collagen is specifically for people who:
- Have soft tissue injuries
- Are looking to build muscle
- Want to eat more protein
- Want a more tolerable protein source
- Are eating a low carb, high fat ketogenic diet
How to Get Perfect Keto Collagen
If you have never tried a collagen product before, Perfect Keto Collagen is hands-down the best collagen supplement out there especially if you’re on the ketogenic diet.
There aren’t many other supplements that I can fully trust but I knowing the owner of Perfect Keto, Dr. Anthony Gustin not only talks the talk, but he also walks the walk. He’s a functional doctor who lives the ketogenic life and has set out to create the cleanest, most effective supplements on the market.
I spoke with him and we agreed to give you a discount on your Perfect Keto Collagen purchase by using the coupon code below.
If you’re interested, just make sure you purchase sooner rather than later because there are only limited uses on the discount code.
Save 15% on the Perfect Keto Collagen Protein – by using coupon code: ENTHUSIASTIC – click here.
In good health,